Wednesday, April 25, 2012

He's better ... really better

My Biscuit baby is feeling better. Thank goodness.

The reason I know he's feeling better is that he is bouncing off the walls!

Biscuit went with me to a department store after I picked him up from day care. We rode the escalator, and I think everyone in the building knew that he was having a good time.

"MOM! MOM! I LOVE THIS ESCALATOR!" Biscuit yelled.

"Yeah," I said. "This is lots of fun."

"I KNOW, MOM! IT'S LOTS OF FUN! I CAN SEE EVERYTHING FROM UP HERE," Biscuit said.

"Shhhhhh," I said to him. "You're being too loud in the store."

"Too loud in the store, Mom?" Biscuit asked.

"Yes," I said. "Too loud in the store."

"Sorry, Mom," Biscuit said. "I'm so, so sorry."

Jeff was meeting us at the store, but he hadn't arrived by the time I wanted to go in the dressing room. So I took Biscuit in with me.

"MOM! MOM! There's a mirror," Biscuit said. "There are two Griffins. TWO GRIFFINS! Am I in front or in back, Mom?"

"You're in front, and I'm in back," I said. Biscuit was standing about an inch from the full-length mirror.

"There are two Griffins and two Moms," Biscuit said. "Do you see, Mom? Can you see us? Two of you and two of me."

All I wanted to do was try on a couple of shirts, but Little Man would not let it go. He must've repeated himself 85 times, and because I was so glad he was feeling better, I just pretended each time was the first time I heard it.

As we were walking out of the dressing room, Biscuit looked up and saw one of the mirror alcoves. There was a mirror in front of him, one on a slant to his left and one on a slant to his right.

"WHOA, MOM!" Biscuit said. "Check out it, Mom. Check out it. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. There are SIX GRIFFINS! SIX GRIFFINS, MOM! LOOK! LOOK, MOM! DO YOU SEE?"

"Wow," I said with as much enthusiasm as I could muster.

I swear, almost everything Biscuit has said this evening has been in an almost-yell. If I typed everything he's said today, first of all, it would take me quite a long time, and secondly, I would have to put the caps lock on to indicate LOTS OF YELLING!!!

"MOM, WHY DO DOGS BARK AT PEOPLE ALL THE TIME?"

"MOM, WHAT IS THE NAME OF THIS SONG?"

"MOM, DIEGO HELPED THE SIFAKA LEMUR GET BACK TO MADAGASCAR!" (No lie. And he pronounced it well enough that I did a phonetic search and got the correct spelling in the first entry.

"DAD, IS YOUR ARM HURT? DO YOU NEED TO SEE THE DOCTOR?"

"THE POLICE OFFICER JUST HIT GROVER MY PRETEND DOG. WHY DID HE HIT GROVER ON HIS LEG? DOES HIS LEG HURT? DOES HE NEED TO SEE THE DOCTOR?"

I'm so glad he's feeling better, but CAN SOMEONE MAKE HIM GO TO SLEEP?!?

No comments: