Friday, January 7, 2011

Owwww.

Biscuit had a bruise and a little bump on his forehead when I got to day care the other day. His teacher met me at the door to tell me what happened.

I wasn't really alarmed, 1. because it was a tiny bump and very small bruise, and 2. I know that as a 2-year-old, Biscuit's feet work faster than his sense of good judgment.

And sure enough, when his teacher handed me the accident report, it said Biscuit was running across the classroom and didn't stop before he got to the bookcase. First of all, he wasn't supposed to be running in class. And secondly, I just wanted to say, "Really? Did you not see the bookcase getting closer? Could you not stop before you smashed your head into a inanimate object?"

Anyway, all that aside, I wanted to make sure he was okay, so I squatted down and asked, "Biscuit, did you hurt your head today?"

"Owwww," he said as he rubbed his head. Then he walked over and grabbed his coat.

We got to the car, and as I was strapping him into his car seat, I said, "I'm sorry you hurt your head today."

"Owwww," he said and rubbed his head again.

We got home, and Biscuit was excited to see Jeff.

"Tell Dad how you hurt your head today, Biscuit," I said.

"Owwww," Biscuit said, and you guessed it, he rubbed his head.

This continued for the rest of the night.

I wonder if he would still say it?

Yep. It's been several days, and I just asked Biscuit, "Did you hurt your head at day care this week?"

"Owwww," he said and rubbed his head.

Oh, did I mention that when he rubs his head, it's nowhere near the spot he bruised?

No comments: