Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A nice equation

I've never been that great at math. But last night I think I hit upon a very successful new equation.

It goes like this:

Biscuit + triangle-shaped food = chowing down because he thinks it's pizza.

We had broccoli and cheddar quiche last night, something I hadn't made in a while. He loved it the last time he ate it, but as any parent of a toddler knows, taste for food can turn on a dime! One day he loves it and asks for seconds. The next day he acts like you're trying to feed him razor blades.

So we had quiche and hashbrowns last night for dinner. I told Biscuit to come to the table for dinner, and as I was lifting him into his high chair, he saw the quiche on his plate.

"Oooooo. PIZZA!!!!" Biscuit yelled.

I came really close to correcting him, but before I could say anything, he had grabbed a forkful and was chewing with pleasure. I decided to leave well enough alone. And then I thought I would try to build on my success.

"Biscuit," I said. "I had to cut your french fries into little pieces when I cooked them, okay?"

"Okay, Mom," Biscuit said. And he ate those, too.

So my new cooking goal is to see how many foods I can turn into triangle-shaped masses on his plate. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: