Sunday, January 30, 2011

Learning, learning, learning

Biscuit is tripping me out this afternoon.

After a morning full of drama, Biscuit took a long nap and seems to be in a better mood.

We just read a book where he named (with no help) a volcano, a brontosaurus, a T-Rex and a pterodactyl.

Then he picked up a book about shapes, and upon seeing an orange oval, he said, "Orange oval. I got 'nother oval." Then he went to his toy bucket, picked up a red football, brought it over to me and said, "Red oval, Mama."

He opened a basket of plastic animals he has and pulled out a little, green frog.

"Look, Mama, a tree fwog," Biscuit said.

"Cool, a frog," I said.

"NO, Mama. A TREE fwog." Well, excuse me, Mr. Smarty Pants.

A morning of drama has slid into an evening of amazement at how much a kid can learn in just 2 years.

No comments: