Monday, May 2, 2016

The whole story

Sometimes Biscuit will spend time with Jeff, and they will have conversations that I don't hear. And the opposite happens, too, with me and Biscuit.

But it often gets fun when Jeff and I start trading our separate stories and can put together the whole picture.

Like last weekend.

Biscuit was still sick with the flu, but he was getting really stir-crazy. Jeff went outside to wash the cars, so I told Biscuit to go outside and either help Jeff or just hang out with him.

Maybe 15 minutes went by when Biscuit came into the house, mumbling about something and walked down the hall to the bathroom.

"What's going on, dude?" I asked him.

"I had to come inside to pee," he said, and he sounded kind of mad about it.

"Okay," I said. "Are you going back outside?"

"Yes," he said. But he didn't elaborate.

So a couple of days later, Jeff and I were talking, and I found out why Biscuit wasn't happy about coming inside.

"He told me he had to pee," Jeff said. "So I said 'okay' and didn't think much about it. But when I looked up, he was getting ready to pee in the flower bed ... in the corner of the front yard ... 10 feet from the street ... the main street through our neighborhood!"

My parents live in the woods. You don't "stop by" their house, you have to get there on purpose. So there is no chance that anyone would ever see him peeing in the yard there. I guess he thought it was okay there, it was okay here, too.

"What did you do?" I asked Jeff.

"I told him to go in the house and do that." Jeff said. "And then he sort of stomped off."

And that's when he came in the house.

It's always fun when it all comes full circle.

No comments: