Friday, May 6, 2016

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has said recently: 


The nose knows: Biscuit has terrible seasonal allergies. He's just so snotty right now. I feel so bad for him because it's just non-stop stuffy nose and throat-clearing.

And it's all driving Biscuit crazy.

"I got SO embarrassed at school today," Biscuit said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Well, I was in guided reading, and I had a snot bubble in my nose," Biscuit said. "But I really didn't want to do anything about it because it was almost my turn to read."

"Could anyone else see it?" I asked.

"No, no," Biscuit said, waving his hand back and forth. "It was up inside my nose."

"What did you do?" I asked.

"I waited until it was my time to read, and then ... well, then, I read," Biscuit explained. "And then when I was done, I went to get a tissue, and I just blew and blew and blew. And then it was fine."

"If nobody could see it, why were you embarrassed?" I asked him.

"Because there was a SNOT bubble Mom," Biscuit said.

"Okay," I said. And I sort of felt scolded!


Right now: Biscuit has been in trouble for talking too much in school this week, so he's been walking on egg shells at home.

I told him to pick up his toys the other evening, and he immediately started walking toward the living room.

He stopped, turned around and said, "Mom, not only am I going to do what you asked me to, but I'm going to do it bronto!" Biscuit asked.

"Did you hear that, Dad?" I said to Jeff. "He's going to do it bronto.

Sometimes it's hard not to laugh right in the boy's face!

No comments: