Thursday, May 29, 2014

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has said recently:


Super powers: We play superheroes ALL. THE. TIME. And of course, Biscuit usually decides who's who.

I was getting ready for work the other morning as Jeff walked in smiling.

"I'm Spider-Man," Jeff said. "I was told that all I have to do to shoot webs is to make an 'I love you' sign then turn it over.


And the more I thought about it, the more I realized, he's exactly right.


Talking to Grandmama: Sometimes I eavesdrop on Biscuit's conversations with my Mama. I love hearing the things he decides to tell her. And sometimes when I hear his answers, I just wonder what in the world she's asking him.

After we got back from Florida, Biscuit was talking to Mama about seeing a car like hers in a restaurant parking lot.

"Grandmama, I just wanted to tell you something that you will think is very cool," Biscuit said. "A short while ago, we saw a car just like yours. And you know what I said? I said, 'HEY! Grandmama is here. ... But I was just teasing because I knew you were at home. Isn't that an awesome thing, Grandmama?'"

I'm not sure how Mama responded to him, but Biscuit laughed and said, "I KNOW!"


Movie time: Jeff and I were watching "A Guy Named Joe," a black-and-white film from 1943 that stars Spencer Tracy. They remade the movie in the late 1980s ("Always"), and I had never gotten a chance to watch the original.

Biscuit walked in and watched for a few minutes.

"Guys, this was a long time ago," Biscuit said.

"How do you know that?" Jeff asked.

"Because all gray shows were a long, long time ago," Biscuit said.

No comments: