Friday, May 16, 2014

Out of the mouth of my babe - Disney edition, Part 1

A few things Biscuit said at Disney:


Tired of riding: We were five hours into the seven-hour trip to Jacksonville, and Biscuit started getting antsy.

“Mom, I’m getting kinda bored,” Biscuit said.

“You’re not having fun?” I asked him.

“Not anymore,” Biscuit said.

I reached into the bag and pulled out his LeadPad tablet. He got a big smile on his face.

“Are you having fun now?” I asked.

“YES!” Biscuit said.

And we didn’t hear a peep out of him until we got to Jacksonville.


Car talk: We spent time driving to Jacksonville, then again to Disney, then again to the beach, then again to Mama’s house, then lastly back home. That left plenty of time for lots of random conversations in the car.

Like …

“Guys, Peter Rabbit and Mr. McGregor … just, wow. They do NOT get along.”

“Aarg! Avast me hearties! We'll sail the seven seas of the car!”

“Mom, a boat ride would be very relaxing and blah blah blah.”



He really likes it: We had been inside the Magic Kingdom for all of an hour when Biscuit made an announcement.

I'm starting to really love this place,” he said.

“I’m glad,” I said, “because we planned this trip so we could all have a good time together.”

”Yep, Disney really IS a magical place,” Biscuit said.

No comments: