Sunday, November 10, 2013

That's what boys are made of

Remember the old rhyme about boys?

Frogs and snails and puppy dog tails, that's what little boys are made of.

When I first found out I was pregnant, I immediately started thinking about a little girl. All the things we'd do together. Pretty little dresses. Tea sets and dolls.

Then about two weeks after I found out, I started having dreams about dark-haired boys and men. And those dreams lasted the whole pregnancy.

When we had the ultrasound that could determine the sex, I told Jeff that if it wasn't a boy, I'd fall right off that table. And sure enough, I was right.

There went the baubles and bows and dolls and dresses.

Now that I have a boy, though, I can't imagine it any other way.

Cars and blocks and rough-housing and super heroes. And sometimes, you find subtle little reminders that your child is a boy.

Here's one I found today:


What could make an antique milk glass bowl
from my Granny even better? My boy's basketball.

No comments: