Thursday, November 14, 2013

Biscuit's birthday

I can't believe Biscuit is 5. But we still have the birthday banner hanging in the kitchen that proves that it happened.

I decided this year to have a very laidback party for Biscuit. And of course, as long as there are friends, a theme he picked and cake, Biscuit doesn't care what his party is like.

I struggled with not getting to do my usual amount of cooking and entertaining, but I hurt my back and haven't been able to as much. And again, Biscuit doesn't care.

Biscuit asked for a Ninja Turtle party, and anyone who knows anything about the turtles knows that their favorite food is pizza. So we ordered a bunch of pizza and some Parmesan garlic bites, and I made some bruschetta with pesto, tomatoes and Parmesan.

It wasn't fancy, but I didn't see anybody leaving hungry!

The party crowd was Biscuit and three other little boys. They played inside for a while. Then we fed them pizza and Cheez Doodles (it ain't a party without Cheez Doodles). Then they played outside for a little while. Then we fed them cake. Then Biscuit opened his presents. Then they played inside some more.

Jeff and I had several conversations with Biscuit about presents. We told him he might get things he already has and that he might even get something he didn't like or want. But we told him that no matter what, people spend their time and money getting presents just for him, and that whether he liked it or not, he should say thank you.

He was very gracious, and he actually did like everything he got.

Here are some pictures from the party:









No comments: