Sunday, November 17, 2013

Big boy

Biscuit's birthday is officially over - even though I haven't finished writing about it!

We went to my parents' house this weekend and capped off our trip with Biscuit and his cousin's combo birthday lunch. Lunch was served, and a good time was had by all.

Biscuit got more birthday presents, and then was so exhausted, he slept all the way home (2 1/2-hour trip).

As an extra gift, my sister-in-law gave Biscuit some nice slim-cut jeans she found at a consignment sale. Biscuit has been wearing size 4T slim-cut jeans, but I've been noticing some of them getting shorter and shorter. So when my sister-in-law said the ones she found were size 5T, I was excited.

I think Biscuit has hit a growth spurt. I was watching him play this evening, and he just looked taller.

Biscuit caught me staring at him and said, "What, Mom?"

He was in the middle of playing super heroes and was pretending he had just climbed up a building and was standing on top.

"Have you gotten taller?" I asked him. 

"Mom," Biscuit said. "I'm standing on a chair."

If he had said it with attitude, it wouldn't have ended well for him. But he just said it so matter-of-fact that I cracked up laughing.

"What's so funny, Mom?" Biscuit asked. "I'm just standing on a chair."

"Yes, you are," I said. I didn't have the heart to tell him that he was the butt of the joke.

No comments: