Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has said recently:


Everything has a place: "Where is your harmonica?" I asked Biscuit.

"I don't know," Biscuit said.

"Did you look under the cushion on the couch?" I asked Biscuit.

"No, Mom," he said. "That's not where it goes."

"Well, it wasn't in the spot where it goes," I told him. "It was under the cushion on the couch."

"Hmmm." Biscuit said. "Strange indeed."


A special sword: "Mom, I'm a knight, and this is my shield," Biscuit said.

"What do you use your shield for?" I asked him.

"If someone like a bad guy swings his sword at you, you can use your shield to protect yourself," Biscuit said.

His shield, by the way, is a lid with a handle from a bucket o' rescue heroes.

"And THIS ... this is my sword," Biscuit said, pulling out a padded mini baseball bat.

"Wow," I said. "That's a cool sword."

"Yeah," Biscuit said. "It's a big deal ... it's a big, big deal."

No comments: