Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A little meat with his beans

"Do you want sweet potato, apple sauce or beans to go with dinner?" I asked Biscuit.

"Hmmm," Biscuit said. "I think I'd like some beans, but I want them like we have them at day care ... with meat!"

"With meat?" I asked. "What kind of meat?"

"Sliced meat," Biscuit said.

"What kind of sliced meat?" I asked Biscuit.

"You know, Mom," he said. "It's sliced in circles."

"Are you talking about beanie-weenies?" I asked him.

"YES! Mom! That's it," he said. "Can you make me some of those?"

"I don't have any weenies," I told him.

"Why not?" he asked, like I should be able to just produce them out of thin air.

"I just don't have any," I said.

"What about ham?" Biscuit asked. "You could just put some ham in them."

"Are you a chef now?" I asked him. "We don't have any ham, either."

Biscuit sighed, like he could not be more outdone.

"I do have some baked beans that have been flavored with ham," I said. 

"Okay," Biscuit said. "I guess that'll be okay."

I'm so glad I could accommodate his wishes.

No comments: