Thursday, July 18, 2013

Movie night

Jeff had to cover a swim meet that went late this evening, so I asked Biscuit if he would like to do something fun.

"Like what?" Biscuit asked.

"Like going to the movies," I said.

"REALLY?!" Biscuit said. "A movie on this night?"

"Yes," I said. "This night."

"LET'S GO!" Biscuit yelled and ran toward the front door.

We had just come in from day care, so I had to reel him back in.

"Whoa, dude!" I said. "We have to eat dinner first. The movie doesn't start until 7:30."

"What time is it now?" Biscuit asked.

"It's only 6:30," I told him. "We have plenty of time to eat dinner and get to the theater.

I rounded us up some leftovers, and we headed out.

Biscuit and I walked into the theater and saw three other moms and sons and a whole row of kids sandwiched between two adults. 

Then came the previews. Every one of the previews was an upcoming cartoon movie. And all the kids would watch intently, then say something like, "I want to see THAT movie."

I wondered if Biscuit would sit still through the whole movie. Sometimes he does, and sometimes he doesn't. It all depends on whether it's something he's interested in or not.

Apparently, this one caught his attention.

He watched the whole movie, and in the process, he consumed most of a small bag of popcorn and a whole pack of peanut butter crackers I found in my pocketbook. And that was after having a sloppy joe and chips for dinner.

As Biscuit and I were walking out of the theater, I asked him what he thought of the movie.

"This is my FAVORITE new movie," Biscuit said.

The first time I took Biscuit to the movies,
he wasn't heavy enough to hold down
the seat. I had to sit with my leg
hooked over the corner of his seat.

The movie had fun music. Biscuit and I were the last
ones out of the theater, so Biscuit decided to bust a move.

Biscuit saw the poster on the way out and asked if I would
take his picture. I'm not sure what the pose is about.

No comments: