Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The plague

By last Sunday evening, I could tell Biscuit wasn't feeling well. He was coughing. He has a runny nose. And he was running a low-grade fever. He was getting a cold.

By bedtime, he had pink eye.

The combo of the fever and pink eye meant he would need to stay home from day care Monday, so Jeff and I had the conversation about who had what going on, and who could stay home with Biscuit.

By Monday morning, the decision was made because I had pink eye, too.

By Monday evening, Jeff had the cold.

Biscuit's fever went away by Monday evening, but he and Jeff were sick all week.

Mine and Biscuit's eyes got better. Jeff's cold got better (although he still has the cough).

Then Sunday, I got the sniffles. By the time I left work Monday evening, I was sick.

As soon as I opened my eyes this morning, I knew I wasn't going to work. I had a fever and chills, and I felt like someone had beaten me in the night.

I called in sick to work, and Jeff started getting himself and Biscuit ready to go. Biscuit was finally feeling better, too, and he was in a great mood. He was talking 90 miles per hour. He was active and climbing all over me.

And if I had felt better, I would've thought it was great. But as it was, I couldn't wait for Jeff to get him to day care.

I am more than ready for this plague to vacate our house!

No comments: