Friday, April 5, 2013

Out of the mouth of my babe

Here are a few things Biscuit has said recently:


Getting it straight: Biscuit and I were sitting at the table. He was eating, and I was flipping through a magazine. I saw a recipe I wanted to save, so I ripped the page out.

"Remember, you can tear a magazine, but not a book," I said to Biscuit.

I expected him to just say okay or yes or something like that.

But he said, "You can cut paper, but not pages."

So I said, "You can throw a baseball outside, but not in the house."

And he said, "You can drive fast in a race car, but not in a regular car."

I think Biscuit could've kept going, but put on the spot, I couldn't come up with anything else.


The nose knows: "Mmmmm. Mom, something smells really good," Biscuit said.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"It smells like ... CAKE!" Biscuit said.

"I'm not sure what smells like cake because we don't have any cake," I said.

"No, Mom," Biscuit said. "It smells like the INGREDIENTS for cake," and he pointed to the stack of icing ingredients I had on the table for my nephew's birthday cake.


Rules of the game: "Okay, guys. We're going to play a new card game," Biscuit said to Jeff and me last night.

"Okay," I said. "What is the game?"

"Well, here are the rules," Biscuit said. "I give out the cards. You get what you get, and you don't cry a fit about it."

And that's all he said. I think those rules are pretty clear.

No comments: