Monday, April 8, 2013

All's well that ends well

My son found my last nerve and jumped up and down repeatedly on it this evening.

He wouldn't listen. He wouldn't do what I told him to do. He pushed and poked and prodded until I was ready to shake him.

I told him to take his clothes off so he could get in the bathtub. Simple enough.

Five minutes later, I walked out of the bathroom to find him playing on his train table.

After his bath, I told him to climb up on the bed so I could put lotion on his dry skin. And then I told him to get up on the bed so I could put lotion on his dry skin. AND THEN I TOLD HIM TO GET UP ON THE BED SO I COULD PUT LOTION ON HIS DRY SKIN!

I finally snatched him up and put him on the bed myself. And he didn't like that.

It was really warm here today, and it's going to be warm overnight. So I got a pair of pajamas with a long-sleeved shirt and long pants.

"Mom, my jammies don't have feet," Biscuit whined.

"You don't need feet," I said. "It's warm."

"But my feet are going to be cold," Biscuit whined some more. "I can't sleep if my feet are cold."

I didn't respond to him. I just kept putting on his pajamas.

"I don't like cold feet, Mom," Biscuit said.

"Are my footed jammies all dirty, Mom?" Biscuit asked.

"I really like the jammies with the feet," Biscuit said.

Ugh!

"It's warm enough to wear jammies without feet," I said. "If your feet get cold, we'll get you some socks. Okay?"

"I guess so," Biscuit said.

Again I say, ugh!

After he was dressed and ready for bed, he asked if he could watch cartoons in my bedroom.

"Absolutely," I said, secretly glad to be away from him for a bit.

After about 15 minutes, Biscuit walked into the living room and stood by my rocking chair. I didn't acknowledge him at first because I was checking my email. He reached his hand out and laid it on my arm. And when I looked at his face, he had tears in his eyes.

I put down my laptop and scooped him up. He laid his head on my shoulder, and next thing I knew, he was fast asleep.

He's cute when he sleeps!


No comments: