Friday, April 26, 2013

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has said recently:


Word play: Jeff and Biscuit were drawing on Biscuit's chalkboard the other night and Biscuit couldn't figure out what Jeff was drawing.

"What the heck? What the heck, Dad?" Biscuit said.

I think it caught Jeff off guard because Biscuit has never said that before. So when he heard "What the he-," he sort of flinched, thinking Biscuit was going to say something other than "heck."

"Why did you say that?" Jeff asked.
 
"Dad, do you know why I said, 'What in the heck?'" Biscuit said. "Because it's another word for something else."

"What is it another word for?" Jeff asked.


"Dad! Saying 'What the heck' is another way to say, 'What in the world.'"





Start your engines: "Mom, what is the kind of racing when the cars go in two lanes at the same time?" Biscuit asked me.

"It's DRAG racing," I told him. A little time went by, and Biscuit came into the kitchen where I was.

"What is it, Mom? Dragon racing?" he asked.

"No, DRAG racing," I said.


"Do they have dragon races, Mom?" Biscuit asked me.

"Well, remember how we talked about dragons just being in books and movies? Well, that means you can have dragon races in books and movies, but not in real life," I explained.

"Oh, yeah," Biscuit said. "Dragons are just pretend, Mom. ... But dragon races would be cool, huh?"

"Definitely!" I said.





Timing is everything: Jeff and I will celebrate our 10th next week, and I thought it might be a good time to get prints of our wedding pictures.


Yep, that's right. I have not printed our wedding pictures from 10 years ago!

Well, I did print some of the photos to make albums for my Mama and Jeff's Mom. And our pictures are digital, so I can look at them on my computer. But I'd like to have an album. Especially because we have two albums specifically for our wedding photos.

So tonight, I started looking through the pictures, and Biscuit came over to see them.

"Mom, that's you in your fancy dress at your wedding," Biscuit said.

"Yes, it is," I said. "It rained that morning, and it looked like it was going to rain again, but we didn't care. We went out in the sand anyway."


"Mom, I wish I could've been at your wedding," Biscuit said, looking kind of pouty.

"Well, you weren't born yet, so you couldn't come," I said.

"But if I had been born, you would've let me come?" Biscuit asked.

"Yes," I told him. "If you had been born, you could've come to my wedding."



And not that I said it him, but I'm pretty sure Grandmama was happy that Biscuit WASN'T at my wedding.

No comments: