Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has said lately:


Persistence: Biscuit and I were playing "truck." It's a game where we each give hints about a truck we're thinking about. Like I say, "I'm thinking about a truck that plays music as it drives through neighborhoods, and you can get a treat from it." Then Biscuit would say, "Um ... (like he's thinking), is it an ice cream truck?" And I would say yes and make a big fuss.

Grandpa came into the kitchen and decided to play with us. But Grandpa gave some hints the boy couldn't get.

I said to Biscuit, "Well, I don't know what kind of truck Grandpa is talking about. I guess we need to just give up."
 
"No, Mom," he said. "We never give up."


Don't worry: The TV channel Biscuit usually watches doesn't have commercials. So the first time he saw a commercial, he thought the show had gone off.

"Is it over, Mom?" he asked in a worried voice.

"No, baby," I said to him. "This is a commercial. After the commercials go off, the show will come back on."
We were watching a movie on TV the other evening, and a commercial came on.
 

I guess Biscuit thought Grandma didn't know about commercials because he looked at her and said, "Don't worry, Grandma. The movie will come back on, I promise. This is called a commercial. You watch the commercials and buy things, then your movie comes back on." 





Red nose: Biscuit is obssessed with Rudolph. He watched the TV show from the 70s. And after hearing the song three times, he knows all the words to it. He has a little Rudolph figure whose nose lights up when you push his tail down. It's all about Rudolph.

He asked Grandpa the other day if he'd like to play "Rudolph and Car." Grandpa needed some instructions, so Biscuit said, "You be the car, and you drive down the road, and when you see something red in the sky, you say, 'Hey, what's that red things in the sky?' Then I'll say, 'It's me ... Rudolph. I'm leading Santa's sleigh because it's foggy. Those other reindeer used to make fun of me, but Santa told them to quit making fun of me because I'm going to pull his sleigh tonight.'"

Biscuit took Rudolph with him when he went to the bathroom. I told him not to take toys in the bathroom because they could end up in the toilet, and that would be bad.

Later that evening, Jeff was getting ready to give Biscuit a bath. Biscuit took Rudolph to the bathroom with him. We have a water closet in the master bathroom where Biscuit takes his bath. The door to the water closet was open, and Biscuit decided to let Rudolph fly over the door.

And Rudolph did fly over the door ... and right into the toilet.

Biscuit went nuts!

"DAD! DAD! COME QUICK!" Biscuit yelled.

Jeff got into the water closet, and Biscuit was so upset. Jeff reached down to get Rudolph, but before he could reach him, Biscuit yelled, "DON'T FLUSH, DAD! DON'T FLUSH!"

Poor Biscuit. He seriously thought Jeff was going to flush Rudolph.

Jeff got Rudolph out and washed him up with soap and water. Luckily, when Jeff pushed Rudolph's tail down, his nose still lit up.

Biscuit seemed relieved until Jeff told him what had to happen next.

"Biscuit, you need to go tell Mama what happened," Jeff said.

And the tears that had started to dry up, started again. "I don't want to Dad," Biscuit said.


"I know," Jeff said. "But you have to."

I was in the kitchen making Christmas candy when Biscuit came in just crying and crying. He looked so pitiful, but even though all I wanted to do was scoop him up and hug him, I said, "What's wrong?"

"Um, Rudolph was in the toilet," Biscuit wailed.

"How did that happen?" I asked.

"He just fell in," Biscuit said.

"What did I tell you about taking Rudolph into the bathroom?" I asked.

"Not to," Biscuit said, still sobbing.

"And what did you do?" I asked.

"I did it," Biscuit said. "It's all my fault, Mom. I did it."

"Did you do it on purpose?" I asked.

"Noooooooo," Biscuit said. "I'm sorry, Mom. It's all my fault."

"Take a deep breath," I said. "And don't do it again."

Biscuit took a deep breath and gave me a hug. Then he headed back into the bathroom to get his bath.

I bet he didn't know that Rudolph could cause so much trouble.
  

Goodnight: Biscuit had to give everybody goodnight hugs last night. He hugged Grandma, then he walked over and stood in front of Grandpa.

"Can I shake your hand?" Grandpa asked.

"Grandpa! I'm not an adult. I'm just a kid," Biscuit said, as he stood there with his arms open.

He got his goodnight hug and went to bed.

No comments: