Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Out of the mouth of my babe

Here are a few things Biscuit has said recently:


Say what? Biscuit and I were playing, and he decided I was the pet doctor, and he had an injured dog. 

Here was our conversation:

"Hi. Are you the pet doctor?" Biscuit asked me.

"Sure," I said.

"My dog fell down and got hurt," Biscuit said.

"What do you think we should do for him?" I asked.

"Um, we should give him Zyrtec and acetaminophen," Biscuit said.

"Okay," I said. "I'll get right on it."


It made me laugh to hear him say Zyrtec and acetaminophen as well as any adult could say it.


Taking care of Mom: "I'm so cold," I said last night as I was sitting in my rocking chair in the living room.

Biscuit stopped what he was doing and looked at me. Then he turned around and went to the blanket chest. He grabbed a blanket and brought it to me.

"Here you go, Mom," he said. "Remember, you can always count on me. 


Just the facts: Out of nowhere, Biscuit recently said, "Mom, me and Dad are boys."

"Yes, you are," I said.

"We pee standing up," he said.

"Yes, you do," I said. And then he ran away to play.


Typical man: I was in a bad mood Monday evening. Work has still been stressful and too busy, and I was not in the mood for Biscuit to be pushing my buttons.

So of course, that's exactly what he decided to do.

Biscuit loves his new shoes, and he walks around stomping his feet all the time to see them light up.

I asked him to stop. And he did ... for a couple of minutes. Then he started again. I asked him to stop again. And he did ... for a couple of minutes.

I was trying to talk to Jeff and could barely hear myself for the stomping. Before I realized what I was doing, I turned around, bent over at the waist until I was eye level with Biscuit, and I yelled at him.

"STOP STOMPING YOUR FEET! RIGHT NOW!!!" I yelled.

It was loud enough that Biscuit jumped.

As we were driving over to see the Christmas lights, I was feeling a little bad for yelling over such a small infraction. So I called his name to get his attention.
 
"Ma'am?" Biscuit said.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you," I said.

"When?" he asked. He had no recollection of me raising my voice to him. And it had happened 15 minutes before our conversation. What good does it do for me to apologize if he doesn't even know what I'm apologizing for? He's a man already!

No comments: