Sunday, October 14, 2012

The drive home

We drove home this evening through an older neighborhood that didn't have many streetlights.
"Mom, we're in the dark woods," Biscuit said. "We have to be very, very careful!"

"Okay," I said. "Are we on the lookout for anything?"

"Yes," Biscuit said. "In the woods is where you find witches, bears, foxes and fire ants."

"Oh," I said. "What should we do?" Also, fire ants?!?

"Well, for the fire ants, the best way to get 'em is to step on 'em or run over them," Biscuit explained.

"Okay," I said. "But what about the witches, bears and foxes?"

"Mom! There's a witch following us RIGHT NOW!" Biscuit said. "Quick! Drive fast so we can get away from the witch!"

"Okay," I said. "I'll hurry."

"How fast did the police say you can go, Mom?" Biscuit asked. That's his way of asking the speed limit of the road you're on.

"They said I can go 55 miles per hour," I said.

"Is that fast?" Biscuit asked.

"It's pretty fast," I said.

"Good," Biscuit said. "We can outrun that witch, and we won't have to worry about her anymore!"

Oh, the trouble you can find on your drive home.

No comments: