Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Clothes make the man (or Biscuit)

Would it be in bad form to send Biscuit to day care in his underwear and socks? Those are the only things that fit him well right now.

He's finally moved into 3T pants, but not all 3T pants. They have to be cut really slim and have the adjustable elastic bands in the waist. And sometimes even that isn't fitted enough. Most of the regular-cut 3T pants will slide up and down on him without even touching his sides or hips. So when my Mama goes shopping and finds a good deal, unless it's sweat pants, I tell her to make sure she keeps the receipt.

And then we get to the shirts. In early spring, Biscuit was wearing long-sleeved T-shirts that were 2T. But by the time we started to buy short-sleeved T-shirts for late spring and summer, he had moved up to 3T. With the weather finally getting cooler (actually colder this week), I did an inventory on his fall/winter clothes. He had a drawer full of long-sleeved T-shirts, so I made him try on enough of them to realized that all his 2T shirts were going to need a new home. I packed them up this week and gave them to a friend. And now we have to shop some more. 

The 3T shirts fit him perfectly right now, but even with a little growth, we'll need to go up a size. So I bought a couple of T-shirts in 4T, but of course they're still too big. Do they make a 3 1/2T? 

I've talked to Biscuit about growing up and getting bigger, so now, every once in a while, he'll walk up to me and say, "Mom, do you see some growing on me?"

And whether I do or not, I always answer the same, "Yes, I do," I'll say. "You are getting bigger every day."

Now if I can just make sure he goes to day care in more than his underwear and socks.

No comments: