Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fall photos

Here are a few photos from the past week:


This is a white chocolate bark I make every year for Halloween. It's
melted white chocolate with candy corn, pretzels and Halloween Oreos.
I took some to Biscuit's day care teachers and some to work.



Remember E. coli? He's the critter Biscuit found at the big picnic at the park. E. coli was bad,
and the police put him in jail. I'm not sure what he did, but he was in jail for quite a while.


I made instant oatmeal packets for Biscuit. I saw a recipe online and adapted
it a little. It's 1/4 cup quick-cook oatmeal, 1 T brown sugar and 1/8 t cinnamon or
1 t chocolate chips. You put the ingredients in snack-size bags. When it's time to
cook it, you add half a cup of milk or water and cook it for a minute in the microwave.
After it's done, you can add dried fruits or nuts or anything else you want.

While I was making Biscuit's oatmeal, I was watching the leaves fall
off one of the big trees in our backyard. They just started to turn yellow last
week, and they're already falling down. I love the color. I hate to rake!


Two of the bigger trees in our backyard.




Explain this to me. The trees in the backyard are turning yellow and orange,
but I have tea roses and old-fashioned roses blooming by the front doorsteps.
I wish this blog had scratch and sniff. This rose is the sweetest smelling flower ever.

Biscuit gets so excited every time we come home at night. The pumpkins
are on a dusk-to-dawn timer, so when the sun goes down, the pumpkins
light up. Every time we pull into the driveway, Biscuit says,
"Okay guys. There's a surprise on the porch. It's a spooky surprise!"

No comments: