Friday, October 12, 2012

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has said recently:


Half to death: Remember when Biscuit turned a cartwheel down our front doorsteps? Well, he remembers it, too. 

And now, any time he sees someone on TV fall, he'll say, "Mom, remember when I fell and it scared you half to death?"

"Yes, baby, I certainly do," I'll say.

"It scared you half to death, didn't it?" he'll sayd.

"Yes, baby, it really did," I'll say.

"And then I cried half to death, didn't I?" he'll say.

"Yes, baby, you did," I'll say. 

And he'll just nod his head and smile like it's this great memory we have between us.


The meaning of hope: Biscuit and I were driving home this evening, and for some reason, he said, "Mom, I hope we make it home in time."

We weren't on a schedule for anything and didn't need to be home by a certain time, so I just said, "We'll get home just fine."

"Mom, do you know what 'hope' means?" Biscuit asked.

"What does it mean?" I asked, curious to see what kind of philosphical discussion we were about to have.

"When you say you hope you get somewhere on time, that means that you hope you'll get where you're supposed to get when you're supposed to get there."

Makes sense to me.

No comments: