Tuesday, October 2, 2012

School pictures

I was excited when I heard that Biscuit's day care was going to change back to a former picture company to take school pictures. The last two companies have produced bad photos and had high prices.

My excitement quickly faded when I realized that the company had changed the way they do the photos.

The first time this company took pictures, we had proof envelopes that very afternoon. Then we could order photos and have them within a week. 

This time, we got very short notice that they were coming (so short that we didn't have time to get Biscuit a haircut). It took a month to get the proofs back. Then they printed every single pose, sent home the envelope and told us to keep what we wanted and bring back the rest. That makes no sense to me. It seems to wasteful to have all those prints made, especially because out of about 12 sheets, we ordered one.

I was waffling on whether I wanted to get any of them. Like I said, Biscuit's hair was hippy length, and he's right in the middle of a terrible fake smile phase. But when I read the proof envelope more carefully, I realized that if you paid for your pictures online, you would get a $20 gift card from one of the big photo sites (it just so happens to be the one I use). And seeing as our one sheet of photos was only $13, that sounded like a good deal.

Plus, mine and Jeff's Mamas like studio photos. So we ordered one sheet with three photos on it -- one for use, one for my Mama and one for Jeff's Mama. And I'm using the $20 gift card to get Christmas cards. I guess it's a win-win.

Here's the best pose of Biscuit's pictures:


No comments: