Tuesday, March 27, 2012

School pictures

The first time I heard that Biscuit's day care was going to take school photos, I thought it was a little too early for such a thing. But then I saw the pictures, and I was very pleased.

Check out how cute the pictures have been so far.
But Biscuit's day care has changed the photography business they work with, and we're not pleased.

The previous photographers took the pictures in the morning, then had proof envelopes ready by that afternoon. But these new people, they took the pictures over a week ago. Then, instead of making proofs for us to look at, they printed every photo they took in every size they have available. And the prices are ridiculous! They want us to choose what we want and bring the others back in.


Throw in the fact that the photos are not good, and you can guess whether I'm planning to buy any of them. Two of the poses have fake smiles. One of them is a terribly old-fashioned, forced pose that you would never find a normal 3-year-old boy in. They don't show any of Biscuit's personality.


I realize that I have an advantage when I take photos of Biscuit because I can get faces and smiles and looks out of him that nobody else can. But hey, the other photographers did a great job, and they didn't know him. I have lots of photos of Biscuit that were taken by friends, and they were good.

Anyway, here are the photos. (And just so you know, the angle is a little off kilter because the flash was putting a glare on his face when I tried to take the photos straight on.)





 

4 comments:

Jenrobburton said...

How do we get this gig? I wasn't that impressed with the pics they took at Sawyer's preschool either. I think you and I should start a business. :o)

Kimmy said...

Sounds good to me, Jennifer!

Tanya M. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Her Hollyness said...

Dude. The photos you take of lowercase g on a daily basis are 90 times better. Wow. That's just sad.