Friday, March 16, 2012

He's ba-a-a-a-ck!

Biscuit and I had a really nice evening together. It was a nice change from some of the trying times we've had in the past week.

On the way home from day care, I told Biscuit we were having chicken for dinner. The kid likes chicken. Well, when it's cooked certain ways.

"We're having CHICKEN?" Biscuit said. It doesn't really translate here, but the first part of the word "chicken" started in a regular tone, then went up about four octaves at the end of the word.

As we were riding, we talked about a fire truck we saw. Then we talked about a motorcycle. Then we saw some dogs being walked down the sidewalk. Then it got quiet for a little while.

Then out of nowhere, Biscuit said, "I like you when you have chicken, Mom." Not that he likes chicken. He likes ME when I feed him chicken. I wanted to ask him what about the rest of the time.

Then we rode some more.

Then Biscuit said, "It's a nice thing to do, Mom. The chicken is a nice thing to do."

Then we rode some more.

"I'm so proud that you're giving me chicken, Mom," Biscuit said.

He ate well at dinner. His chicken was accompanied by sweet potatoes. And by looking at the pictures below, you can tell I didn't wipe his mouth after we were done. Oh well. We had fun anyway, dirty mouth and all.

Then we went outside to play. Thank goodness for the time change.








1 comment:

Reoma Mc said...

That's so sweet. I know you can hear me saying, "Awwwwwww."