Monday, March 26, 2012

He knows what he likes

A post from The Daddy Man:

These days, Mr. Biscuit is forming strong opinions about what what he wants to do and what he likes.

The other day, Kimmy had plans, so when I picked him up from day care, I asked him, "Hey, boy. You want to go to the pancake restaurant?"

He said, "No, Dad. I want to go to a restaurant called Chick-fil-A." Except he says Chick-fil-Way. "And I don't want to go to that one down there. I want to go to the one that's THAT way." And he pointed to the one 2 miles away instead of the 2 blocks away.

My theory is that since he's not quite big enough for the playground at our usual Chick-fil-A, Biscuit was hoping the playground at the other one might be easier to navigate.I think they're exactly the same, but hey, if he feels that strongly about it, I've got no problem taking him to the one he wants to go to.

Then this morning, Biscuit was sitting on the bed while we were getting ready to go. AC/DC's "Back in Black" came on the radio. I'm a big AC/DC fan, and Biscuit and I sometimes listen to it in the car, which means he's familiar with a lot of their music.

Kimmy leaned her head out of the bathroom and saw Biscuit sitting on the middle of our bed, nodding his head along with the music.

She asked him if he liked that song, and Biscuit said, "Yeah, Mom. I really feel this song. I really feel it."

Rock on with your independent self, Biscuit.

1 comment:

Her Hollyness said...

He did NOT say, "I really feel it"!!! That's the funniest thing I've ever (not) heard!