Thursday, March 29, 2012

Missing my boys

I spent a good part of my day as a culinary assistant for a work-sponsored cooking demonstration. I sliced and diced and prepped and bagged and plated and prepared. I did a little bit of everything.

Our morning session was from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., then I went to work until 5 p.m., then I went back to the show and stayed until 10 p.m. It's been a long day, and I'm the owner of some tired feet!

Except for one bad apple (a woman who screwed up the recipe I was working on and dropped a sharp knife into the dishwater I was using without telling me), it was a fun day.

But I missed my boys.

I did get to have a quick lunch with Jeff, but he complained about his job because he was having an especially bad day, and I complained about the crazy woman who sabotaged me and tried to cut off my hand. (Whoa! Did you see that exaggeration? And I'm betting that the later it gets, the wilder that story is likely to become.. So I guess better head to bed before I have her getting arrested for attempted murder.)

Anyway, I'm glad the weekend is upon us, so I can get some quality time with my boys.

1 comment:

Her Hollyness said...

Wait, what? A work-sponsored cooking demo? What the ...?