Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Very Merry Christmas!

I think Christmas morning is going to be fun at our house. Biscuit's excitement is growing by the day.

This morning, as Jeff walked into our bathroom to brush Biscuit’s teeth, he said, “Merry Christmas, Mama” to me.

Biscuit’s head whipped around so he could look at Jeff. His eyes were huge and he had a funny grin on his face. Then he looked at me expectantly.

“Today isn’t Christmas,” I told him. “I know Dad said ‘Merry Christmas’, but you can say ‘Merry Christmas’ even before Christmas Day gets here.”

“Oh,” he said, sounding more than a little dejected.

“Can you say ‘Merry Christmas’?” I asked him.

“Very Christmas,” Biscuit said.

“No, baby. It’s ‘merry’ with an M,” I said to him. “M-m-merry Christmas.”

“Noooo, Mom. It’s VERY Christmas,” Biscuit said with a touch of whine.

I thought about it for a second, and in the grand scheme of things, Merry Christmas vs. Very Christmas is just not worth the hassle of arguing over.

“Okay,” I said. “I’ll have a Merry Christmas, and you can have a Very Christmas.”

He smiled, thought about it for a second and said, "Okay."

It was a good compromise.

Very Christmas, everybody!

No comments: