Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Christmas Rush

We spent a good deal of our Christmas days off on the road. We drove 1 1/2 hours Saturday to spend time with Jeff's family. Then we came home and got ready for Santa Claus.

On Christmas morning, we had to wake Biscuit up. I know, I know, this will probably be the last year we can brag about that. But we just tried to enjoy it as much as we could. Biscuit checked out his haul from Santa, which included a really cool tricycle. Then he had about an hour to play before we had to hit the road for a 2 1/2-hour trip to my parents' house.

Now don't get me wrong. I love spending time with both sides of our family during the holidays. But truth be told, I kinda like it when the holiday is during the week. That way, we can travel the weekend before or the weekend after and spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at home. And with this coming year being a Leap Year, my during-the-week Christmas wish will come true.

We have one niece (13) and one nephew (11) on Jeff's side of the family and two nieces (13 and 9) and one nephew (7) on my side. So it was a lot of fun watching the kids play with Biscuit.

Mama cooked a big ol' Christmas dinner for us. She's always critical about her own cooking, but I can't say I had any complaints. Plus, if you're going to have to drive 2 1/2 hours, I can't think of a better way to end the trip than a plate full of Mama's home cooking.

Anyway, refreshments were served and a good time was had by all.

And here are a few pictures:

GIT YO HAND OFF THAT CANDY!!!

Long car ride = long nap

Paging Dr. Biscuit. We have a sick puppy.

"Look at those cool ornaments I can't reach."

"Santa brought me a bike!"

Cowboy Biscuit tears into a present.

"Look at me, Mom. I'm asleep in my sleeping bag."

No comments: