Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few random things Biscuit has been saying lately:

Me, the people: "Mom, you're the people, and I'm the cowboy," Biscuit said to me tonight.

As usual, my response was, "What does the (insert name here) do?" In this case, it was "What do the people do?"

"The people have to sit in your rocking chair until I get back," Biscuit said. Then he walked around the living room and came right back over.

"What's your problem, people?" he asked.

This is when I have to quickly come up with some problem he can fix.

Tonight's response was, "Well, I don't have any carrots for my pet rabbit."

"Oh!" Biscuit said. "I can fix it. I'll take my cowboy rope and lasso some carrots. Wait right there!" Then he made a big show of throwing his lasso, drawing in some imaginary carrots, then bringing them to me like they weighed 100 pounds.

"Here you go, people," Biscuit said. And "people" pretended to feed imaginary carrots to the imaginary rabbit.


New nursery rhyme: Biscuit walked up to Jeff and me the other night and said, "Hey, guys. I know all about Humpty Dumpty."

In unison, Jeff and I said, "You DO? Tell us."

"Humpty Dumpty, he sat on the wall. Then Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. And ALL the king's horses and ALL the kings men, they didn't put him together again."

Jeff and I made a big fuss over his recitation. Biscuit had a grin from ear to ear. Then he started to walk away.

He quickly turned, came back and said, "Hey, guys. The king's horses ... um, they have cowboys to ride them. The cowboys ride the king's horses."


Cleaning up and cleaning out: Biscuit and I were at my parents' house this weekend, so I thought it would be a good time to weed out some no-longer-played-with toys. 

So I called Jeff and had him go to the big toy box in the living room. Then we began to discuss what needed to stay and what needed to go.

Jeff got everything put into a box and into the trunk of his car to take for charity.

Jeff picked Biscuit up at day care this evening. As they were leaving the day care parking lot, they hit a bump and from the trunk they heard, "Choo, choo! Choo, choo!" from this little train that makes noises when you shake it.

"Dad, Dad! I hear a train," Biscuit said. "There's a train somewhere."

"Yeah, I hear it, too," Jeff said. 

Then, luckily for Jeff, a song Biscuit likes ("Jinger Bells") came on the radio and took his attention away from the train. But no worries, I'm sure Santa will replace that train with something really cool.

No comments: