Saturday, December 3, 2011

Holiday decorating

Have you ever heard the quote "I hate writing, but I love having written"? Well, I hate holiday decorating, but I love having decorated.

Before Biscuit got here, I always felt like holiday decorations were optional. But nowadays, it's all about creating memories. So like it or not, we doll the place up for holidays.
We have one tree for Biscuit and his ornaments and one tree for mine and Jeff's ornaments. I guess it's like a grown-up tree and a kid tree. And of course, Biscuit's tree is way more interesting because it's got photo ornaments of him, ornaments that people have given us and even a couple Biscuit has made.

Biscuit's tree is pre-lit and has a push-button switch that you turn on with your foot. And guess whose foot is strong enough to turn it on this year?

Biscuit was also able to help hang ornaments this year. He hung the first one by himself and was so proud he came running into the kitchen to tell Jeff and me about it. We had to stop what we were doing and go check it out. 

And since Biscuit hung some of his ornaments, some branches have more than one ornament and some things are hanging on top of other things. And as fussy as I can be about things like that, I'm not moving a single ornament he placed.

Griffin's tree

A new ornament for this year handmade from a pod of okra.

My how he's changed.


Two ornaments, one branch.
 
New firetruck ornament. Biscuit desperately wants to touch it, but it's blown glass.



No comments: