Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekend wrapup

Our weekend was so busy, it's hard to know where to start.

But I guess I can start with Biscuit meeting the horses.

When my brother bought the horses, the previous owner told him that the reddish-brown one, named Cass, was the calmest of the two. He said Cass was really sweet. The man then told my brother that Domino, the gray horse, could be the problem child. He said Domino would act up every once in a while by bucking. 

But just as different kids respond differently to different parents, my brother said it has been just the opposite with the horses. Domino has been the calmer of the two.

Even so, my brother wanted to try to introduce Biscuit to the supposedly calmer horse.But Cass took one step toward Biscuit, and Biscuit was having none of it.



Then it was time to meet Domino. That greeting went much better.


Sitting on Domino's back, Biscuit looked so grown up. I told my brother that it was like someone took an adult-size cowboy and full-size horse and just shrunk them down.

Check out those eyes. He looks like a Kewpie doll.

This town ain't big enough for the both of us!
After Biscuit had his fill of riding the horse, he wanted to take it for a walk. My nephew was worried about Biscuit and wouldn't let go of the rope. I told him he was doing a great job looking out for Biscuit, then I persuaded him to let me take a couple of pictures of Biscuit by himself with Domino. I had to crop my nephew out of the photos because he was on ready-alert standby in case Domino got rowdy.


My brother didn't believe me when I told him that Biscuit even walks like a cowboy when he's suited up. But sure enough, once he got those chaps on, there was a little John Wayne in his swagger.

With his elbows cocked back, Biscuit looks like he's ready to draw.

After the horse excitement was over, I took my Mama shopping and left Biscuit with my brother, sister-in-law, two nieces and nephew. After some lunch and a nap, they all took Biscuit up to the pond on the four-wheelers so they could go fishing.

Biscuit had never been fishing before (unless you count the time I went fishing while I was pregnant), and he was more than a little excited to see the fish on his hook.


But when it came time to touch his newly caught fish, Biscuit wasn't too sure!


"HE MOVED!" Biscuit yelled. "HE MOVED!" I'm not exactly what he thought the fish was supposed to do, but moving apparently wasn't on the list.

Biscuit and I had a jam-packed weekend, but we helped Mama celebrate her birthday, caught up with family and friends and had a really good time.

No comments: