Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has been saying lately:


Hot pursuit: Biscuit was holding his walkie-talkie and said, "Dad, when I say, 'One-Adam-12, roger ...'"

"I know," Jeff said. "I say, 'One-Adam-12, roger.'"

"NO, Dad!" Biscuit said. "When I say, 'One-Adam-12, roger,' you say, 'ONE ... ADAM ... 12 ... we're ... in ... PAH ... SUIT!'"

"Okay," Jeff said, "One-Adam-12, we're in pursuit. Is that okay?"

"Yep," Biscuit said. "We're in pah-suit."


Calling for a recount: Biscuit was sitting on the toilet this morning taking care of business. And as usual, he was singing and talking and telling stories to himself.

"MOM! DAD! Come quick," Biscuit yelled. "I counted and altogether I have 11 toes!"

"Eleven?" I said. "I think you need to count again."

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9," Biscuit counted. "I have nine toes."

"Um, try counting one more time," I told Biscuit.

He knows that he has five fingers on each hand and 10 altogether. And he knows that he has five toes on each foot and 10 altogether. I'm not sure what his problem was today.

"Okay," Biscuit said. "I'll count again. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10."

Then he looked up at Jeff and me, his eyes got big, and he said, "Mom! Dad! I'm so silly. I know that altogether my foots have 10 toes. I know that!"


Fire, fire, fire: "Everything doesn't always have to be about fire and firefighters," I said to Biscuit. "Not everything has to include the word 'fire.' Like fire cars and fire bats and fire balls."

"But Mom," Biscuit said. "Sometimes everything is YES about fire."

This child is either going to be the most gung-ho firefighter you ever saw or else he's going to be so sick of everything fire that he won't even own a gas stove when he grows up. Either way, I'm tired of fire.

No comments: