Sunday, August 12, 2012

Out of the mouth of my babe

A few things Biscuit has been saying lately:


Check it out, Mom: I was out doing some shopping and called home to let Jeff and Biscuit know I was on my way. Jeff saw it was me calling and let Biscuit answer.

"Hello? Who is it? Who am I talking to?" Biscuit said. "I'm Firefighter Ronnie Gage."

I talked to him for a little while, then Biscuit's voice started getting faint.

Jeff finally got the phone and explained what happened. 

As Biscuit was telling me all about his fire chief, he was holding the fire chief up to the Caller ID screen on the phone. He thought it was a camera that would allow me to see his fire chief.


Unhappy Biscuit: "Dad, you're getting on my nerves really meanly," Biscuit said. Guess how well that went over?


A tall tale: "Biscuit, how are you feeling?" we'll ask sometimes in the morning.

Biscuit gets a forlorn look on his face and says, "Um, well, this big storm came up and my hand was horrible. And then it was later and my throat was horrible. And now, my belly is horrible. I just don't feel very well."

We're not sure where this drama comes from, but he plays it off very well.


Tasty-yummy-licious: "How was your food, Biscuit?" Jeff asked.

"It was very goodly," Biscuit said.


Cracking down: Biscuit came over to me, and in a very serious tone said, "Mom, if Dad drives 60 miles per hour, the police will give him a ticket for breaking the log."

No comments: