Sunday, August 26, 2012

Friends, Part 2

We had a picnic today for our friend who's moving away. It was at a nice park, and there was a really good turnout.

As the crowd dwindled to just a few of us, we started packing up, getting ready to go. And I got upset.

I don't like to get upset in front of people, so I waved off my friends and got in my car. 

Sweet Biscuit was very concerned.

"Mom, are you crying?" he asked.

"Yes, baby, I'm crying," I said.

"Why are you crying, Mom," he asked. "Are you sad about your friend leaving?"

"Yeah," I said. "I'm sad because my friend is leaving."

"Don't cry, Mom," he said. "When I'm away from my cousins, and I know I won't see them for a while, I'm not sad. I just say, 'Oh well, I guess I'll see them next time.' You can say that about your friend, too, Mom."

How did my son get so wise in just 3 3/4 years?

No comments: