Thursday, August 9, 2012

New quilt

My great aunt told me she was working on a quilt for Biscuit, and guess what we got in the mail today?

This aunt is my (maternal) Granny's sister. She lives a couple of states away, so we only get to see her once or twice a year. This year, we saw her at our family reunion in May. She's the only one of my Granny's siblings who is still with us.

Anyway, she told me she was making the quilt, and in return, she wants me to record her a CD of piano music, including a song I'm not sure I even still have the sheet music for.

But seeing as we got the quilt today, and seeing as Biscuit loved it, and seeing as my aunt held up her end of the deal, I guess I better start hunting down some sheet music!

The quilt has an embroidered nursery rhyme and picture on each block. Biscuit knew and loved most of them, but his favorite was "Knick knack paddy whack give the dog a bone" with a picture of a cute puppy.

Here are a few pictures of Biscuit checking out his quilt:







No comments: