Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hawkie-talkie

The remote for Jeff's remote control car has recently become a walkie-talkie for Firefighter Biscuit. Except we had to take it away tonight because Biscuit started bending the antenna so far down that we were afraid it would snap off.

A friend of mine sent me an email the other day saying she had found a firefighter set for $4 that included a helmet, hatchet, fire extinguisher, badge, whistle, vest and ... guess what ... a walkie-talkie. She wanted to know if she should buy it. Um, of course!

She brought it to work today, and we swapped money for merchandise. And after seeing Biscuit handling that remote control, I'd say the swap off happened just in time. I've decided that I'm going to parcel out his new fire set, one piece at a time, starting with the walkie-talkie.

I asked Biscuit if he had any calls over his walkie-talkie, but he quickly corrected me.

"No, Mom. It's hawkie-talkie. That's how you say it. It's hawkie-talkie," Biscuit said.

Well, that's just so cute, of course I'm not going to correct him.

Here he is with his hawkie-talkie:


No comments: