Monday, January 9, 2012

Dad pushed me!

Jeff walked into the living room the other night with Biscuit on his back. It was a rare sight. If Jeff carries Biscuit, it's usually on his shoulders or in his arms. Biscuit is still so small that Jeff can't get a good grip on him when he's riding piggy-back.

Once they were in the living room, Jeff hunched over a little bit, thinking that Biscuit would slide down his back onto the floor. But what happened was that Biscuit let go and fell hard, right on his rear end.

Whoa! It was not pretty.

Biscuit cried and cried and cried.

When he calmed down just a bit, I asked him what happened. 

(Note: This is one of the joys of parenthood. Even if you saw what happened, ask the kid anyway. You won't believe the explanations and/or stories you get.)

"What happened?" I asked.

Biscuit replied through tears, "Um, Dad pushed me off, and I fell on my booty, and it hurt, and I'm crying about that."

Jeff apologized and told Biscuit it was an accident, and after some hugging and loving and squeezing, everything was fine again.

No comments: