Monday, January 2, 2012

Can I send him back?

Remember all that whining I was doing about missing my boy? Well, after about an hour with him, I was ready to send him back to my brother!

The boy was a wee bit excited to see Jeff and me.

"MOM! MOM! MOM! I was so worried about you." That's what Biscuit said to me when he met me at my side of the car.

"DAD! DAD! DAD! Are you my family again?" Biscuit said to Jeff.

We heard all about how he "digged" in the sand and made a sand castle. Then they "digged" a hole big enough for him to get in. Then they took my nephew's new skateboard to the skate park at the campground. Then they went to the playground and there were slides and swings and he got to slide down the fireman pole.

Let me tell you about this campground. It's a gated community, and the only time you can drive your car or truck is to come and go from the place. All the traveling around the grounds is done in golf carts, or something under your own power, like bikes, scooters or skateboards. They have a store and a couple of restaurants and a stocked fishing pond and several pools, including an indoor, heated one. They have a church, a couple of playgrounds and several basketball and tennis courts. The whole thing sits oceanfront, so you can walk from your site to the sand in no time. There's a real sense of community there, and every time we're there visiting, I'm always a little jealous that we don't have a camper.

Anyway, Biscuit talked non-stop for what seemed like forever. He had to tell us everything that happened, and everything his cousins said and everything he ate and, well ... everything.

My brother and sister-in-law said he minded well, short of a couple of "I didn't get my way" moments. They had never heard him say that, so I was a little amused to hear their retelling.

My sister-in-law said, "He told me to turn the TV on. And I told him that first of all, he would have to ask nicely and say please, and second of all, we weren't going to watch TV right then."

Then apparently, Biscuit said, "I don't like that. I don't like that at all."

To which my sister-in-law replied, "I'm sorry you don't like it, but that's the way it's going to be right now."

At which point Biscuit started crying. My sister-in-law asked Biscuit why he was crying, and he said, "Um, because I didn't get my way." I think she had a hard time keeping a straight face.

Other than that, everything went well, and here are a few of the pictures they took of Biscuit this weekend.

We sent Biscuit's new trike. He had the hang of it in no time.

The hole Biscuit and his cousins "digged."




Check out the motor-boat lips. I can just hear the noise he's making.

No comments: