Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick or treat

When I picked Biscuit up at day care today, his teacher told me that they had been going over the process of trick-or-treating. Apparently, they talked through how they should ring the doorbell, yell "trick or treat," wait for candy, then say "thank you."

Biscuit put his new-found training into action this evening. It was his first time trick-or-treating, and if you just it by the candy alone, I'd say it was a big success.

His excitement level was off the charts. 

A couple of our friends and their son joined us on our search for candy. They have a son who's a year younger than Biscuit -- let's call him Cowboy. (Guess what his costume was?)

It took Cowboy a few houses to get the hang of it, but he needn't have worried. Biscuit was not shy at all. The boys would hold hands (the cutest thing you ever saw!) and walk up to the door. Biscuit is all about ringing doorbells right now, so he usually claimed that task as they were walking up the driveways.

When someone came to the door, Biscuit would yell, "TRICK OR TREAT!" I told him he needed to say it loudly, and boy, did he. Most people would pick a piece of candy and hand it to the boys. But if the people were willing to hold the bowl down to their level, Cowboy and Biscuit would gladly help themselves.

The first house we went to was one of our neighbors. She came to the door and made a fuss over Biscuit's costume.

"What do you say?" I said to Biscuit.

"PEAS!" he said.

"No, the other thing," I prompted him.

"THANK YOU!" he said.

"What did you practice at day care today?" I asked him.

"Oh, yeah. TRICK OR TREAT!" Biscuit said.

It only took one house for him to perfect his methods. For the rest of the evening, he was dragging the rest of us from house to house. I wish I could've bottled the energy he had.

One very cool house had turned the garage into a very creepy Halloween scene. Black lights, a strobe light, creepy noises and a big skeleton with red, blinking lights and an evil laugh.

Biscuit wouldn't go up the driveway. I wanted a closer look, so I picked him up and carried him. We went in, spoke to the people, got some candy and started to walk out. I put Biscuit down in the driveway just as the skeleton's evil laugh started.

"LET'S GET OUT OF HERE!" Biscuit yelled.

Here are a few pictures of Biscuit and his loot:







No comments: