Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Does whatever a spider can ...

Back in June, a friend of mine told me that Spider-Man would be making an appearance at a local comic book store. She told me something about a variant cover ... and the issue ... and the cover ... and ... okay, I had no idea what she was talking about. All I knew was that my son would get to meet Spider-Man.

The deal was that every so often, comic book stores create their own covers for new comic books (called variant covers). The inside of the book is exactly the same as all the others, but the cover is unique to that store. The photo shoot Biscuit and I went to was for a local comic book store's variant cover.

Remember this? http://bringingupbiscuit.blogspot.com/2011/06/meeting-spider-man.html

Before I could take photos of Biscuit with Spider-Man, a store employee took several group photos of all the kids who showed up that night. And one of those group photos showed up on the variant cover for Spider-Man #666.

I went to the store yesterday to buy a copy, but of course the store was close. That dang store is open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day of the week EXCEPT Tuesday. And Tuesday was the only day I could go.

Turns out, I didn't need to worry about it. The
friend who told me about the photo shoot said she would pick up a copy for me. But before she could do that, another friend at work brought me a copy. He's a huge comic book fan, and I had mentioned to him that Biscuit was on the cover. This guy already had a copy for himself, just because he likes Spider-Man, but he went back to that store yesterday (obviously sometime before 6 p.m.) and bought a copy for me.

So here's the Acme Comics variant cover f
or Spider-Man #666, along with a closeup of my Biscuit baby. Can you see his little head in the front row?




























No comments: