Saturday, August 6, 2011

Conversations

Recent conversations with Biscuit:

Biscuit: Dad, say, "What you doing, Biscuit?"
Jeff: What are you doing Biscuit?
Biscuit: Um, I pay with race cars.


Biscuit: You pay bean bags with me, Dad?
Jeff: Bean bags?
Biscuit: Yeah. Papa and Josh pay bean bags.
Jeff: Oh! He's talking about corn hole. He saw Josh and your Dad play at the mountains.


Biscuit: Is this MY house, Mama?
Me: It's all of our house -- yours and mine and Dad's.
Biscuit: We all share our house?
Me: Yes. We all share our house.
Biscuit: That's good.


Me: Good morning, Biscuit (as I was waking him up).
Biscuit: Good morning. The sun came up, and I wake up to the morning.
He says this every single morning.


When I get to day care to pick up Biscuit, I like to stand and watch him play for a few minutes. As soon as he sees me, he yells.
Biscuit: Mommy! Mommy! You came back to me!
Me: Of COURSE I came back to you. I ALWAYS come back to you.
He got the line "You came back to me" from a book we read him about a llama whose mama has to leave him at day care while she goes to work. I guess he figured out that he was in the same situation as the llama, so he says "you came back to me" every single day when we pick him up. His teachers thought it was pretty funny the first time they heard it.


Biscuit ran into the living room just now and yelled "I LOVE music" and started to dance.
Jeff: That's some good dancing, boy.
Biscuit: These are my dance moves. This is called The Racecar Dance.


Biscuit: Hey, Mom. What's your problem? State your problem, Mom.
Me: Uh ... what?
Biscuit: State your problem, Mom.
Me: I don't have a problem.
Biscuit: Okay.


Biscuit: Mom, I gonna hide behind Dad's chair. You come find me.
Me: You're not supposed to tell me where you're going to hide.
Biscuit: Okay. But I gonna be behind Dad's chair. Come find me.


Biscuit: Whats we have for dinner, Mom?
Me: (insert food that's not pizza)
Biscuit: That's not great for me.
Me: What do you WANT for dinner?
Biscuit: Um, let's see ... PIZZA!
Me: We can't have pizza every night.
Biscuit: That is not perfect.

No comments: