Friday, August 26, 2011

Need for speed

A post from The Daddy Man:

I picked Biscuit up from day care today. As we were driving home, I heard this from the backseat: "Dad, we need to go to the store and buy me more race cars."

"You've got more race cars at home, boy. We can go home and get your race cars," I said to him.

He was insistent. He kept saying over and over that we needed to go buy him some more race cars. He was convinced we were really going to the store.

We pulled into the driveway, and I got out. I turned around to unfastened Biscuit's car seat.

"I'll wait right here, Dad," Biscuit said.

"You don't want to go in the house?" I asked him.

"No. I'll wait right here 'til you come back. Then we can go to the store and get me more race cars," Biscuit said.

Just to humor him a bit, I went and got the mail. Then I carried all my stuff in the house. I came back out, and said, "Okay, let's go in the house."

"No. We go fast in the green car and go to the store," Biscuit said.

I had to drag him out of the car, and he cried all the way in the house. I think he was mad at me because he said, "I don't want you in the living room with me, Dad."

I pointed to my chair and said, "Can I sit over there in that chair?"

"NO!" Biscuit said.

No comments: