Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mama time, Part 2

Remember when I talked about leaving my boys at home for the weekend so I could spend some time with my girlfriends at the lake? Well, my dear husband said I didn't tell the whole story.

I did only talk to Jeff and Biscuit on the phone a couple of times. But during those phone calls, I had a whole list of information to pass along to Jeff.

I'm a control freak. I'll be the first to admit it. I always have a plan in my head.

So when I heard that Jeff and Biscuit were going to a car show Saturday and a ballgame Sunday, I really, really, REALLY needed to impart the proper procedure of how everything should be done.

This is where I realize that I married exactly the right man.

"Jeff, I know that you are perfectly capable of handling Biscuit for a weekend, but can I go through the list for my own peace of mind?" I asked him.

"Yep. Shoot," Jeff said.

"You need to take your diaper bag, but make sure there are diapers, wipes, changing pads, a spare outfit, a sippy cup, a pacifier and some snacks," I told him.

"See? It's a good thing you ran through the list because I wouldn't have thought to take snacks," Jeff said.

I'm not sure if I really helped him get ready or if he was just appeasing his crazy wife! Either way, he knows me well enough to know how to keep me calm. And that's a good, good thing.

No comments: