Saturday, August 28, 2010

The land of nod

6:51 a.m. ... in the morning ... on a Saturday ... that's what time I got up this morning.

It's so not fair. Jeff and Biscuit were both still sleeping, and I say, if my boys are sleeping, I should be sleeping, too.

I remember when Biscuit was a wee tiny baby, and many of my mom friends told me to make sure I took naps when the baby took naps. I was never able to make that happen. I always found things that I needed or wanted to do more than sleep. But I swear, the older that child gets, the more I crave those naps I should've taken then.

I've never been much of a napper. They have usually left me feeling more groggy than refreshed. But lately, on the weekends, I've been sneaking in afternoon siestas when Biscuit goes to sleep. There's a little guilt there. I feel like I should be doing something productive, doing something I couldn't do if he was awake. But lately, the luxury and restorative power of those naps has sapped away that small bit of guilt.

As a matter of fact, Biscuit is napping right now, and I'm kinda mad that I'm in the process of doing laundry and writing this blog post instead of stealing a few winks!

No comments: