Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Going to the circus

We took Biscuit to see a cool circus in town. I've been to several of their shows during the years and enjoyed them. They don't have animals (which Biscuit fully supports — "Mom, it's just not fair that they make those animals do something they don't want to do. I mean, tigers are wild animals, and those crazy people are trying to train them. That cannot under any circumstances end well."). They also have live music, which of course he loves.

They always have aerial acts, acrobats and all that stuff. But for this show, they decided to make the cast ice skate as well. Most of them didn't know how to ice skate. So imagine someone says to you, "You're really good at your job. But now we want you to learn to do your job on ice skates." They must've worked so hard.

Here are a few pictures of the show:




I always love when the three of us can do something special together.

So as we were leaving, we were all in good spirits. We were laughing and talking and sharing which parts of the show were our favorites.

The parking lot was pretty crowded, so we took our time getting to the car. Even then, we had to sit for a little while.

As we were getting ready to leave, I was trying to get my bearings and figure out which would be the best way to get out of the parking lot.

I was talking to Jeff, but I guess my question was more open than I thought.

"Which way should I go?" I asked out loud.

And from the back seat, I hear this wistful voice say, "Go whichever way your heart leads you."

I don't think that would've gotten us home, but it did give us all a good laugh.

No comments: