Monday, September 24, 2018

Breaking more stuff

He broke his arm. Of course he's broken some rules. And now, he's broken a tooth!

Over the weekend, Biscuit said his tooth felt weird, and when I shined a light in there to check it out, it looked like it was cracked half in two.

"It hurts when I eat," Biscuit said.

And after looking at it, I definitely believed him.

I called his dentist first thing this morning and made an appointment. They got him in at 10 a.m., so he wasn't at school too long before I went and picked him right back up again.

He was so nervous. 

I tried to explain to him that he might feel him working in his mouth, but he wouldn't feel any pain. I don't think he believed me.

We got there, and it turns out that it wasn't a broken tooth after all. His baby tooth had chipped in half, and the permanent tooth was already pushing through. So what I was actually seeing was half of a baby tooth and half of a permanent tooth.

They swabbed some bubblegum-flavored numbing cream on his gum, and next thing you know, they just reached in and jerked that little tooth out. Well, what was left of it.

They didn't even charge us for the visit.

I was glad that it was as simple as it was. And since Biscuit will have to get some more dental work done fairly soon to straighten up his teeth, I'm glad he had such a good experience today.

No comments: