Wednesday, May 16, 2018

These boys can cook

Sometimes Jeff and Biscuit use the excuse that they can't cook to get out of figuring out dinner. And it usually works.

But sometimes, I tell them I don't want to hear their excuses, and I make them cook!

I had a handful of leftover ingredients in the fridge, so we experimented. They were amazed that you could take random ingredients and put them together without a recipe or a plan.

But those of you who cook will understand how simple this was. I had leftover ground chicken with taco seasoning, wonton wrappers and corn. My plan was to put them all together, but when I started looking at the wonton wrappers, I knew it wouldn't fit well.

So I showed them how to put the meat and cheese in the wrappers and seal them closed with a dab of water. You'd have thought they were spinning gold like in the fairy tale!








No comments: